Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Joseph Murphy - Your Infinite Power to Be Rich

Divine Science minister and author Joseph Murphy was born on May 20, 1898 in Ireland and passed away on December 16, 1981.
As you may recall (if you keep up with this blog) Dr. Murphy and Neville Goddard both studied under the Esoteric Christianity teacher, Abdullah.
I really wish I could find out something about Abdullah, but the only references on the net I can find are related to Murphy and Goddard.
If anyone out there has any background, please let us know.



Anyway, I have started reading Dr. Murphy's 1966 book, Your Infinite Power to Be Rich.
As I have said before, Neville's teachings and Murphy's are quite alike (due to Abdullah I suppose) but they do differ on a few points.
And since I am very much into everyone finding their own path, I would suggest reading both and maybe finding your own common ground.

Back to Your Infinite Power to Be Rich, whereas Murphy's book The Power of Your Subconscious Mind is broader, Your Infinite Power to Be Rich focuses on just that, wealth creation.
The book is about how to use affirmations to materialize wealth, mental focus, and it includes many, many affirmations.
Why so many?
Well as I have pointed out here before, everyone is different.
What works like a charm for one, may not work at all for another.
That's why the term "Fool Proof" bothers me so much.
There is no one technique that works for everyone.

But, since I like to share, I will tell you one that I am having great success with right now.
"God fulfills my every need now."
I have seen a couple of things happen since I started this one that could very well go under the "miracle" category.
But like I said, everyone is different.
If you dont believe in God, I dont think that affirmation is going to help you very much, you know?

I wish I could tell you where to find this book online for free, but so far, I have not seen it.
If anyone out there has a link, feel free to share it.
I do know you can buy it at Amazon, and our local Barnes and Noble carries it, so it's not hard to find.

Here is an excerpt from the first chapter....

"There is no virtue whatsoever in poverty, which in actual fact is a mental disease, and it should be abolished from the face of the earth. You are here to find your true place in life, and to give of your talents to the world. You are here to expand and unfold in a wonderful way, according to a God-given potential, and to bring forth spiritual, mental, and material riches, which will bless humanity in countless ways. Learn how to surround yourself always with beauty, and luxury, and realize your inalienable right to live, liberty, freedom and peace of mind."

The only thing I dont like with Dr. Murphy (as opposed to Goddard) is that Murphy's affirmations are at times way too long for me.
I prefer Goddard's "no more than three words" affirmations because to me they are easier.
But you might be a different case altogether.
So again, I would recommend giving the book a try and see what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the Joesph Murphy book it's good. I think it might be time to read it again. Thanks for the reminder.

Popular Posts